CCDB Price Schedule (June 1, 2012)
Prices apply to submissions involving 96-well plates of tissues. iBOL rates apply to submissions where all required data elements are uploaded to BOLD (collection data with GPS co-ordinates, taxonomic assignment (ordinal or better), images) and where the iBOL Data Release Policy is respected. iBOL Phase 1 data release exposes all data elements except detailed specimen taxonomy (only ordinal-level taxonomy is released) and it occurs within three months of sequence acquisition. Phase 2 data release occurs 18 months after Phase 1 release and exposes full taxonomic details.
This price schedule is based on the use of standard CCDB protocols and applies to all researchers and organizations. Standard protocols may not be appropriate for all tissue types (e.g. older museum specimens) and additional charges may apply. CCDB carries out the following steps:
- Collections Unit: Plate reception and data validation.
- CCDB Analytical Lab: DNA extraction, PCR amplification of the barcode region(s), bidirectional amplicon sequencing, trace file assembly, uploading trace files and sequences to BOLD. Prices do not include failure tracking (see below).
- BOLD Systems: Data validation and storage.
iBOL Submissions (meeting all the above requirements):
Animals: $1000 per plate
Plants: $1500 per plate
Animals: $2000 per plate
Plants: $3000 per plate
- Failure tracking: 75% of initial plate charge (i.e. for iBOL animal plate = $750). This involves amplification of two PCR products (306bp, 407bp) which span the barcode region and bidirectional sequencing of all amplicons that are recovered
- Voucher recovery and return of specimens: $250 additional charge per plate
- Subsampling and return of residual tissue: $200 additional charge per plate
- Repatriation of DNA extracts: $200 additional charge per plate
Contact us for a quote if your project will involve the analysis of more than 5000 specimens.